FloraCraft Foam Cutter – New (to me) Tech
I love to use foam core board for projects – use with the paper on or off, leave smooth or textured, paint, cover. My biggest issue was CUTTING IT! I don’t mind using a craft knife, but seriously how awful.Frustrating awful!
I got onto the interwebs and found this amazing new (to me) tool! I HIGHLY recommend it and here is why…
- The foam cutter has a long heated wire and easily goes through foam.
- Floral foam balls, squares, cones, etc.
- Foam board (keep reading for instructions**).
- Simple to use.
- No plug, but uses a USB connector.
- Under $20!
CONS – not really cons because there are work arounds
- The cutter gets really hot. If you don’t pay attention you can easily mess up**
- It does not go through paper**
- It stinks! I would use in a well ventilated area. Seriously, it stinks if you are in an enclosed area. Just open a window.
**SO HOW CAN YOU CUT FOAM BOARD!
I’m going to start off with what not to do unless you are brave. Don’t pull the paper off then cut the foam. Like I said above the cutter gets really hot and melts the foam (reason for well ventilated area). It goes through the foam so fast. I lost control and made a mess. I made more of a mess when I tried to fix it.
Now that you know what not to do, here is the trick! Trace your shape onto the foam board. Use a craft knife and LIGHTLY cut around your outline. You’re not trying to cut the foam, just the paper.
Gently pull the paper from outside your shape on the front and back of your foam board.
Heat up your tool and move it along the paper following your shape. VOILA! Perfect cut foam board!
Now the sky is the limit – decide paper on/off, texture, paint, cover, whatever you want to do.
WHERE TO BUY!
The FloraCraft Cutter can be purchased at craft stores and online. You can purchase one here – https://amzn.to/2YMmwEL
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)